Assistant Head of School
Assistant Head of School - TLR 2c (£6,386)
MPS / UPS - TLR 2C
Date added: - 21.03.2017
Closing Date: - Apply by 9:00am Tuesday 25.04.2017
Start Date: - September 2017
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Required for September 2017
An exciting and outstanding opportunity has arisen to join our great academy as Assistant Head of School. At Kirk Balk Academy we are serious about the achievements and experiences of every child.
To that end, we operate an Upper and Lower School system to ensure that we have the infrastructure to guarantee that each individual is meticulously tracked at every level in order to ensure rapid and sustained achievement, progress and development in all areas.
We are seeking to appoint two Assistant Heads of School; one in the Upper School (Years 11, 10 and 9) and one in the Lower School (Years 8, 7 and 6 via transition work).
Roles will be determined based on the skills and attributes of the successful candidates. However, there will be a relentless focus on raising achievement, improving the quality of teaching in the individual school and indeed a clear focus on the entire student experience (including pastoral welfare and inclusion) within this all-encompassing and career defining role.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding teacher with the drive and capacity to really thrive in this role and to become a truly outstanding leader.
- where possible we will schedule your teaching in your specialist subject.
- The ability to teach an Ebacc subject would be desirable but not essential.
- Your teaching load will be reduced to reflect the leadership responsibilities you will carry
- Have a clear vision of how to improve standards, raise achievement and improve the quality of teaching in the academy
- Be able to lead, motivate and inspire students and colleagues
- Be resilient, hard-working, solution focused and whole heartedly committed to transforming student outcomes
This post will be ideal preparation for Senior Leadership
Kirk Balk Academy offers the successful candidate a passionate commitment to professional learning that places individual development at the heart of its ethos. You will also benefit from opportunities to learn as part of a dynamic, forward-facing leadership team with an outstanding track record in school improvement.
The Academy has the significant benefits of a new build which was officially opened in April 2011 and offers exciting and innovative opportunities to students and staff. We strongly recommend visiting our inspirational campus.
This could be your opportunity to make a significant and measurable difference in improving the educational attainment of the children and young people in this community.
Application forms and further details are available from [email protected] or via download below:
- Recruitment pack - Assistant Head of School - March 2017
- Letter from Head of Academy - Assistant Head of School
- Application form
Completed application forms and covering letters should be sent to [email protected]ademy.org
Please note that we do not accept CV's - applicants must submit a KBA application form.
Closing date: 9:00am on Tuesday 25 thApril 2017
Interviews are likely to take place during W/C 1st May 2017
Informal visits are available and are very strongly encouraged. Please contact Michelle Pedler using the details above
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.