Head of Modern Technologies - TLR2c
Required for September 2018
We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an inspirational and talented leader to join our Middle Leadership Team from September 2018. As Head of Modern Technology, you will monitor, support and drive the improvement of teaching and learning standards across the department; so that teaching is at least consistently good, and student outcomes continue to improve. This exciting opportunity will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to have a significant whole-academy impact; given that the department contributes considerably to our 'Open Bucket' suite of qualifications. As Head of Modern Technology you will be accountable for Design Technology, Resistant Materials, Food and Nutrition and Art.
This role would suit an ambitious and consistently good or outstanding teacher looking to develop their career. You will benefit from a balanced timetable and the support of a very able and knowledgeable senior leadership team. An ability to develop and inspire young people and contribute to school improvement is essential. The ideal candidate will be a Resistant Materials specialist who may or may not currently have leadership experience.
We welcome applications from colleagues who want to be part of a positive and successful team in this exciting time for the academy.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
- Motivate, challenge and inspire students within the Humanities department to be the best that they can be;
- Be committed to raising the achievement of every student in every subject under their leadership;
- Have high expectations and be committed to the academy ethos and vision;
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved.
- Have a highly strategic understanding of all of the subjects within the faculty.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent opportunities for your professional development with access to a specifically tailored CPD package. You will receive the highest standard of induction and CPD support.
- Friendly and supportive colleagues who go the extra mile in a well-resourced department.
- An opportunity to work with youngsters who are keen to be the best they can be.
Kirk Balk Academy offers the successful candidate a passionate commitment to professional learning that places individual development at the heart of its ethos. You will also benefit from opportunities to learn as part of a dynamic, forward-facing leadership team with an outstanding track record in school improvement.
The Academy has the significant benefits of a new build which was officially opened in April 2011 and offers exciting and innovative opportunities to students and staff.We strongly recommend visiting our inspirational campus.
This could be your opportunity to make a significant and measurable difference in improving the educational attainment of the children and young people in this community.
Completed application forms and covering letters should be sent to HR[email protected]
Please note that we do not accept CV's - applicants must submit a KBA Application Form
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 17th May, 2018
Interviews are likely to take place on: Likely to take place week beginning 21st May 2018
Informal visits are available and are very strongly encouraged. Please contact Michelle Pedler using the details above
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.