Teacher of English
JOB ADVERT - TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Required for September 2018
Please return your application form as soon as possible as earlier interviews may be available.
We reserve the right to close vacancies early if we have sufficient suitable applications. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit an application as soon as possible.
We would like to present you with a truly exceptional opportunity to join our forward-thinking and fully resourced English department.
English is led by our outstanding Director of English and we now require an inspirational and dynamic teacher to join our high performing team. This would be an ideal opportunity for NQT's in English, although colleagues at any career stage are encouraged to apply.
You will benefit from the expertise and guidance of our exceptional English team which includes:
- Director of English - Member of the leadership team.
- Assistant Director of English
- Lead teacher of English
- TLR Holder responsible for KS4 English
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
- Motivate, challenge and inspire students within the English department to be the best that they can be;
- Be committed to raising the achievement of every student;
- Have high expectations and be committed to the academy ethos and vision;
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent opportunities for your professional development with access to a specifically tailored CPD package. You will receive the highest standard of induction and CPD support.
- Friendly and supportive colleagues who go the extra mile in a well-resourced department.
- An opportunity to work with youngsters who are keen to be the best they can be.
Kirk Balk Academy offers the successful candidate a passionate commitment to professional learning that places individual development at the heart of its ethos. You will also benefit from opportunities to learn as part of a dynamic, forward-facing leadership team with an outstanding track record in school improvement.
The Academy has the significant benefits of a new build which was officially opened in April 2011 and offers exciting and innovative opportunities to students and staff. We strongly recommend visiting our inspirational campus.
This could be your opportunity to make a significant and measurable difference in improving the educational attainment of the children and young people in this community.
Application forms and further details are available from[email protected]
Completed application forms and covering letters should be sent to [email protected]
Please note that we do not accept CV's - applicants must submit a KBA application form.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th March 2018
Interviews are likely to take place week beginning 19th March
Informal visits are available and are very strongly encouraged. Please contact Michelle Pedler using the details above
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.