Teacher of Science
REQUIRED JANUARY 2019
We would like to present you with a truly unique opportunity, not to be missedin our Science department.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
• Motivate, challenge and inspire students within the Sciencedepartment to be the best that they can be;
• Be committed to raising the achievement of every student;
• Have high expectations and be committed to the academy ethos andvision;
• Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highestpossible standards of student achievement, personal developmentand well-being are achieved.What you can expect from us:
• Excellent opportunities for your professional development with accessto a specifically tailored CPD package. You will receive the higheststandard of induction and CPD support.
• Friendly and supportive colleagues who go the extra mile in a well resourceddepartment.
• An opportunity to work with youngsters who are keen to be the bestthey can be.
Kirk Balk Academy offers the successful candidate a passionate commitmentto professional learning that places individual development at the heart of itsethos. You will also benefit from opportunities to learn as part of a dynamic,forward-facing leadership team with an outstanding track record in schoolimprovement.
The Academy has the significant benefits of a new build which was officiallyopened in April 2011 and offers exciting and innovative opportunities tostudents and staff. We strongly recommend visiting our inspirational campus.
This could be your opportunity to make a significant and measurabledifference in improving the educational attainment of the children and youngpeople in this community.
Completed application forms and covering letters should be sent [email protected]
Please note that we do not accept CV's - applicants must submit a KBAapplication form.
Closing date: 9am 5/10/18 or sooner (we reserve the right to close the advertearly dependent on interest)
Interviews are likely to take place on: Week beginning 8/10/18
Informal visits are available and are very strongly encouraged. Pleasecontact Michelle Pedler using the details above.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
For a full Job Description and a Person Specification, please contact the Kirk Balk Academy at the following e-mail address: [email protected], or contact the Academy at 01226 742286.