Teacher of Technology
Teacher of Technology
MPS - Suitable for an NQT
Date added: - 12.06.17
Closing Date: - Apply by 9:00am Monday 26th June 2017
Start Date: - September 2017
Contract Type: - Full time
Contract Term: - Permanent
Required for September 2017
We would like to present you with a truly exceptional opportunity to join our forward-thinking and stunningly resourced Technology department.
The technology department in Kirk Balk sits at the heart of the academy. It benefits from fully resourced, bespoke classrooms in food, graphics and hard technology as well as state of the art facilities such as our industry standard catering kitchen.
We welcome applications to this post from teachers of all technology specialisms, but experience of teaching hard technologies is desirable. This post would be an ideal opportunity for an NQT's in Technology, although colleagues at any career stage are encouraged to apply.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
- Motivate, challenge and inspire students within the Technology department to be the best that they can be;
- Be committed to raising the achievement of every student;
- Have high expectations and be committed to the academy ethos and vision;
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent opportunities for your professional development with access to a specifically tailored CPD package. You will receive the highest standard of induction and CPD support.
- Friendly and supportive colleagues who go the extra mile in a well-resourced department.
- An opportunity to work with youngsters who are keen to be the best they can be.
Kirk Balk Academy offers the successful candidate a passionate commitment to professional learning that places individual development at the heart of its ethos. You will also benefit from opportunities to learn as part of a dynamic, forward-facing leadership team with an outstanding track record in school improvement.
The Academy has the significant benefits of a new build which was officially opened in April 2011 and offers exciting and innovative opportunities to students and staff. We strongly recommend visiting our inspirational campus.
This could be your opportunity to make a significant and measurable difference in improving the educational attainment of the children and young people in this community.
Application forms and further details are available from[email protected] or follow the link below:
Completed application forms and covering letters should be sent to [email protected]
Please note that we do not accept CV's - applicants must submit a KBA application form.
Closing date: 9:00am on Monday 26th June 2017
Interviews are likely to take place on Tuesday 4th July 2017
Informal visits are available and are very strongly encouraged. Please contact Michelle Pedler using the details above
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.