Tips for revision
- Past exam papers - these are available on the AQA website below, and from your geography teacher. Learn the types of questions asked and what the examiner is looking for. Please practice at home and bring papers in for marking. Practice makes perfect!
- Revision guides and workbooks - revision books can be purchased online for the AQA A Specification. Speak to your Geography teacher about the best revision guide for you. Buy them, but more importantly, USE THEM!
- Make use of You-tube - search on You-tube for e.g. "AQA Geography Restless Earth" and it will bring up a wealth of revision videos and clips for quick 5 minute recaps of key concepts.
- Keywords - You need to use these effectively in the exam to demonstrate your understanding. Why not make keyword cards?
- Flashcards - You need to know 6 different topics, but the content is more manageable than you think. Why not make a set of flashcards with all essential information on them. This will make remembering the facts easier!
- Group revision - Often the easiest and most effective way to revise to teach others. Gather your friends together and revise key content, look at exam questions. It will definitely help!
Tips for success
- RTQ, RTQ, RTQ - Read the question! Read it again! Are you sure you understand what you are being asked? Read it again!
- Command words - There is a big difference between a "describe" question and an "explain" question, know the difference.
Revision links - Geography
- GCSE AQA Geography - course specification, teaching and learning resources, past papers and mark schemes.
- Geography - GCSE Geography on the BBC Bitesize website.
- Cool Geography - a website with useful resources to help you to study Geography.